Friday, December 27, 2013

37 & 38 Weeks

I hope all of you had a Merry Christmas!  Michael and I spent the holiday just the two of us, and it was really nice.  Knowing it was our last quiet holiday, we took advantage of the peace and quiet and enjoyed just being together.  We are spending the weekend together, which is rare these days, and I'm glad I have two more days to spend with him.

I got behind again on my weekly posts, so I'm catching up with week 37 & 38.  Today, I am 38 weeks and 2 days, and I wish I could report that there has been some progress, but I'm still at 0.  The doc wanted to discuss a possible induction or c-section on my due date, but I'm hopeful McBaby won't be too stubborn and will decide to make an appearance before then.



How Far Along: 37 weeks
Size of baby: Just more than 19 inches long and almost 6 pounds, 6 ounces. The size of a bunch of swiss chard 
Pregnancy Weight Gain: 16 pounds
Maternity Clothes: I am wearing maternity most of the time with the exception of my lounge clothes.  Luckily, I'm still able to wear most of my oversized sweaters and cardigans.  I wear the same pair of black dress pants to work every week, and it will be nice to retire them soon although I am more than thankful for them these days.
Gender: Not finding out!  
Movement: Lots of moving and kicking me in the side.  
Sleep: I can't complain.  I get up a lot to use the bathroom, but I sleep pretty well most nights.  
Symptoms: I certainly feel pregnant now.  Cankles and waddling are part of life.  My hips hurt every time I have to get up after sitting for a while.  I'm experiencing more joint and groin pain and can tell some of my bones are separating. Forgetfulness and pregnancy brain are certainly symptoms as well.    
What I miss:  Not having to think so hard about what I eat and drink, though it has kept me healthy, it would be nice to indulge.  I also miss being able to think a complete thought before forgetting what in the heck I was thinking about.
Cravings: Sweets because that's what everyone eats at Christmas
Best Moment this week:  We had an ultrasound to determine how McBaby's growth is going since I have gestational.  McBaby measured average, which is what we wanted to hear.  We got to see McBaby's face and he/she has hair. 
What I am looking forward to: Having a quiet holiday with Michael.  





How Far Along: 38 weeks
Size of baby: Just more than 19 1/2 inches long and approximately 6 pounds, 8 ounces. The size of a leek 
Pregnancy Weight Gain: 17 pounds
Maternity Clothes: I am wearing maternity most of the time with the exception of my lounge clothes.  Luckily, I'm still able to wear most of my oversized sweaters and cardigans.  I wear the same pair of black dress pants to work every week, and it will be nice to retire them soon although I am more than thankful for them these days.
Gender: Not finding out!  
Movement: McBaby moves off and on from morning til night, and he/she has been known to wake me up in the middle of the night with a swift kick in the ribs.  
Sleep: It's getting worse.  I fall asleep easily when we go to bed, but when I get up in the middle of the night, I have trouble going back to sleep.   
Symptoms: This week has been hard so far.  I'm having trouble sleeping, I feel nauseous and crampy, I have lower back pain that won't go away, and my hips and groin are so sore.  And I'm so exhausted! I was feeling so bad yesterday, that I knew for sure there was progress being made, but today's doctor's appointment proved me wrong when doc said I was still at 0.   
What I miss: At this point, I miss everything that I could do pre-pregnancy.  Too many things to name!  
Cravings: I don't really feel like eating much, but I guess I'm craving comfort foods since I don't fell well.  
Best Moment this week: I know I have said it a lot, but simply spending time with Michael and relaxing is so precious to me right now.  
What I am looking forward to: A safe and healthy delivery that results in meeting our little boy or girl.  

No comments:

Post a Comment