Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! I hope yours has been as wonderful as ours. Michael and I had such a great day! We usually aren't big gift givers for special occasions; instead, we spend our money traveling together or taking day trips for our holidays. Today was a nice change because we both got each other something special. We started off our morning with opening up presents. I made Michael a Valentine's basket with his favorite beers and snacks, and I got him some new shirts for spring. He got me the best gift ever! I was so impressed! He bought me a day at the spa and gave me a crisp $100 to go shopping. The card said both gifts were for me to have a "Brandi Day!" I loved it! We just finished up our Valentine's dinner at home. When we were in Atlanta a few weeks ago, we had this amazing salad at a gourmet pizza place, so I decided to recreate it tonight. I made a homemade balsamic vinaigrette dressing and drizzled it on top of sliced apples, buffalo mozzerella, and spring salad greens. It was a hit, and it's so healthy! I took a picture and posted it below. We also grilled steaks, and I roasted some potatoes, onions, and acorn squash topped with rosemary and olive oil in the oven. It was a nice night in, and I was glad we decided to stay home and not worry about fighting the dinner crowds. I plan on making some dark chocolate fudge brownies for dessert, and we'll spend the night in watching our favorite Sunday night tv shows. Since it is Valentine's Day, there is one more gift I asked for from Michael. I asked if he would like to join me and write something on this post. I thought it would be neat to write a love message about each other. He agreed to write a message to me, and we both promised we would not read what the other wrote before we wrote our message. I guess I'll go first. I am not sure what Michael plans to write, but I'm sure it will be funny and interesting! My relationship with Michael has always been easy and natural. In the six years we have been together, we've probably spent less that two weeks apart. I've never met someone who knows every part of me, both good and bad, but still loves me unconditionally and still looks at me with a smile on his face every day. I love him for his kindness, confidence, strength, selflessness, and heart. He is the most giving man I have ever met, and I love him more every day. He is the perfect complement to me. I don't know what I would do without him! Welcome everyone to the new and improved Just a Guy a Girl and Dog.com now featuring "the Guy." After many requests, I am finally making my guest blogger appearance. This entry is a prime example of how Brandi pushes me out of my comfort zone to make me a better man. Of the many reasons I love Brandi, this is near the top of the list. Before I met Brandi, I felt pretty comfortable in my own skin to cruise through the rest of my life without much effort or self-improvement., but Brandi always helps me find a better me. Whether it is traveling overseas, buying new clothes, or suggesting that I could actually stomach more school, I can always count on Brandi giving me the love and support that I need to try new things and look for ways to make me better. Luckily for me, some new things rub off on her too, so the new me will always include college football, beer, and Entourage. Stay tuned for more guest spots and stay classy. -Michael Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Both of you are the greatest. Brandi you are the perfect daughter and Michael I couldn't have asked for a better Son-in-Law. I do believe your made for each other. Love you both.

    ReplyDelete