Tuesday, February 2, 2010

What's Better than Sex?

Well, if you're the people from Weight Watchers, then you would answer, "Our Better than Sex Cake!" A while ago, my mom gave me a collection of Weight Watchers recipes. I've been trying to cook more these days, and I thought why not try some lower fat recipes. I skimmed through every recipe section this weekend, looking for the perfect thing to make. We were going to be trapped inside because of the snow, so I wanted whatever I made to be good. Finally, I got to desserts and came across the perfect recipe! It was called none other than "Better than Sex Cake." I was skeptical at first. How good can a chocolate cake really be if it's low in fat and sugar. Most things that are fat free taste like cardboard to me, and there's so many things hidden inside fat free products because they have to make them taste good somehow. I decided it was worth a try, and I am glad I did. I made the cake Saturday night, and it was fantastic! I don't know if it's better than...but anyway, it was delicious. Anyone who loves chocolate cake but is trying to stay healthy should make it. I hope you enjoy! Better Than Sex Cake 1 box Devil's Food Cake Mix 10 oz. Diet Coke 2 egg whites 5 oz. FF Caramel ice cream topping 5 oz. RF or FF condensed milk 1 c. Heath Bar bits (optional) 1 container FF Cool Whip Directions Preheat oven to temperature stated on cake mix box. Grease a 11” x 7” baking dish. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, egg whites and diet soda. Bake as directed on box. (Diet soda cake takes less time to bake than regular cake, so check cake after 20 minutes). During the last few minutes of baking, place caramel and condensed milk in a saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring until smooth. Take cake out of oven, and poke holes all over the top. Pour caramel mixture over warm cake, filling in the holes. Sprinkle Heath bits over the top, reserving some for the top. Cool completely. Cover with Cool Whip and sprinkle with remaining heath bits. Keep cool in fridge until ready to serve. This cake is tasty when served warm, but it's even more delicious after being in the refrigerator. It stays moist for days!

No comments:

Post a Comment