Friday, February 12, 2010

Leaving on a Jet Plane

Last week, I talked about my issues with anxiety and panic disorder that I have been experiencing for quite some time. One of the many battles I've fought is a fear of flying that developed shortly after the last time I flew in December 2007. I didn't think I would ever fly again, but I am happy to tell you all that I took the first step toward facing this fear and booked a plane ticket to Houston, TX in March! I'm pretty nervous about it, but I know I will feel liberated once I fly again.



Michael and I are traveling to Katy, TX, for a very special occasion that I can't miss. As many of you know, Michael's dad Kevin passed away in November, and in his honor, a little league field is being dedicated to him on March 26. For many years, Michael's dad played a major role in the Katy Little League, and many of Michael's favorite memories are of he and his father together on the baseball field. Kevin would be so proud to be honored this way because he loved Katy Little League so much, and I know this means the world to Michael. So in a sense, I'm not just doing this for myself. I am taking this step in memory of Kevin and to show my love for Michael. I am very excited to finally conquer this fear, and I can think of no better reason to get on a plane than to get to be a part of such a special occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment