Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Picture Positive

Ughhh! Today is the dreariest of all dreary days! It is dark, wet, windy, and oh so cold! I don't know how much more I can take of this winter, and I can't honestly remember when the sun last appeared. Days like this make me sad, but day after day of this gray winter is making me crazy. I completely understand why people who live in rainy climates are depressed...it's horrible living like this! I sit at a desk for 10 hours a day, and the last thing I want to do when I am not at work is sit inside, but I feel like that's all I've been doing lately, and it's getting to me. Poor Scarlett can't take much more of sitting inside either. She's been getting up every night and pacing around the bedroom because she is so restless. There is nothing more annoying than hearing the clank clank clank of nails on hardwood floors at 3 a.m.! I think Michael is getting ready to kill her! So...yes, I really haven't had that much to write lately because we haven't been doing anything but hanging around inside and watching t.v. because winter will not go away! With the exception of the Super Bowl Party, we have been hermits since the beginning of January. We've probably saved a lot of money, but is it really worth it to have money but no life? Okay! Okay! Okay! I am going to stop with the negative nonsense RIGHT NOW! My complaining is not going to make spring come any faster, and I have to find a way to be more positive in order to get through this winter. I did buy a few spring clothes this weekend to make myself feel a little better, but I can't always count on retail therapy to get me out of a funk! I know that to be positive, I have to change my attitude (which is mostly a glass half empty one), and look on the bright side of things. Trust me, I've been sitting here for a while thinking of ways to look on the bright side. I started scanning through the pictures on my computer to pass the time. I love looking at pictures because they always make me smile, and I realized as I looked through all of them that it is easier to be positive when you learn to be grateful for the memories you have and the people that you share them with. I really have had so many great moments in my life. Thank God for pictures! I wanted to share some of these pictures with you. They brightened my day today and made me a little happier!

New Years Eve 2004 in Memphis...so long ago!

On Michigan Ave in Chicago


The night he proposed!


Our Rehearsal Dinner at the Lake


Our wedding! The best year of my life in Australia! This was the first time I touched the Pacific Ocean. Singing the National Anthem for the Aussies! Visiting the Great Ocean Road Coming Home and getting Miss Scarlett Belle! Moving to Tennessee and having the Smoky Mountains in our back yard UT Tailgating! Having my mom, Aunt Paula, and my Aussie girl Julia travel to come see me this fall, and Elizabeth joining us for a girls' trip in Asheville.


Hosting Thanksgiving this year

Watching Julia play in her first snow in the U.S.!
Ahhh! I love these pictures, and I feel better already!

No comments:

Post a Comment