Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Hairs on my Head

"And the very hairs on your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows." Luke 12:7

Doesn't that just make you smile?

In my quiet time this morning, this verse spoke to me and calmed me in so many ways. God knows every part of me and loves every part of me. He knows what I am worried about, he knows what I'm going through, and he is right by my side loving me and seeing me through life's challenges. I struggle daily with fleeting moments of anxiety, worry, fear, insecurity, and doubt, but this verse, breathed by the word of God, tells me that I don't have a reason to be afraid.

Afterall, "Can all my worries add a single moment to my life?" Matthew 6:27

I am blessed beyond measure, and I feel ashamed sometimes to know the things I worry so much about. They are so trivial! So many people in this world have far more to fear than I do. But this world is difficult no matter who you are or what your circumstances may be. But I am learning by the grace of God that faith makes this world less scary! I pray that my faith will increase with every second, so I can rest assured in a God who knows the very number of hairs on my head!

No comments:

Post a Comment