Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter Everyone!

I had a wonderful Easter weekend, and I especially loved today! My mom came to Birmingham on Friday, and we have been hanging out all weekend. Unfortunately, Michael had to work Friday night and all day Saturday. We got up early this morning to attend 8 a.m. church. Our church is normally crowded on traditional Sundays, so we decided to go earlier which turned out to be a great idea!



Celebrating our 8th Easter together!

Me and my mom!


After church, we met our friends Jamie, Eric, and baby Eli at Cracker Barrel for brunch. Sundays our my cheat day, and this was the first day I could eat sweets after lent, so I chowed down! Well, I knew I was going to work it off later because we had an afternoon of yard work waiting on us at home.


The ugliest, most overgrown trees line our driveway, and they are out of control! I can't believe how much work it was to just clean the darn things, and it still looks like we barely touched them. Michael used an electric tree trimmer, but we are seriously going to have to take a chainsaw to them really soon!



You can see how much the trees were growing over the driveway



Poor Michael! All he wanted to do was sleep all afternoon, but I made him work.
Look at all of those leaves!



Much Better!

We also trimmed Miss Scarlett as well! Her skin allergies are out of control again, and I think it's because grass and ragweed and all sorts of things get caught in her fur and make her itch. I pretty much butchered her, but I think she feels better. She looks like she lost a few pounds too!



She is such a good doggy!

After her hair cut!




I made a non-traditional Asian Easter dinner tonight. I love Asian food, and I am slowly learning how to cook some of my favorite dishes. I'm going back to my diet tomorrow, so I wanted to go all out tonight. I made homemade Asian lettuce wraps and shrimp pad thai, and I feel like they turned out pretty good!



I have gone 40 days without any dessert, sweets, or candy, and I cannot wait to get my hands on my dessert that's waiting on me in the refrigerator. I picked up a piece of 4 Star chocolate ganache cake from Whole Foods, and yes...I plan to eat the whole thing!



Doesn't that look good!?

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter Weekend! I am so blessed to be a believer, and I am so happy to know Jesus lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment