Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Refocusing

Life for me lately has been about refocusing my priorities. Lots of weeding has been going on in this little heart of mine! In so many areas of my life, I have pretty much had enough. I have wasted a lot of energy on things that do not matter. Too bad I didn't realize this much sooner! In wasting my precious time on the crap in my life, I have failed to appreciate what I am finally realizing actually matters! I am nowhere close to figuring out what my refocusing means and where I'll end up, but what I do know is that I want life to be simple.

A simple life guided by intention, consciousness, and self-awareness. A life where I'm guided by God and my heart rather than by the world around me.

I want to remove myself from the distractions and the influences that make me insecure, afraid, and anxious, and I want to embrace and appreciate the relationships, opportunities, and moments in life that create love, joy, peace, and hope. I know that so much of this is open-ended, and I have lists and lists of changes I want to make that are clouding my head right now-but just moving toward minimizing the crap and maximizing my joy is making me smile as I tell you about it!

I know I will share my progress when its time. For now, I want to share a great post from an inspiring blogger who gets it when it comes to fleshing out the unnecessaries in life. This post is written by a man for men to read, but it's so beautiful and so perfectly aligned with how I feel. As a woman, I enjoyed what he had to say.

Do yourself a favor and take a few minutes to read his post. If you are a woman, change the genders around and replace men for women, husband for wife, and father for mother. I think it was written for us too!

No comments:

Post a Comment