Tuesday, April 5, 2011

We're Going to Boston!

I forgot to tell everyone that we officially booked our 5th Year Anniversary trip to Boston last week! I can't wait! I am even happier because Michael is so excited! We are going fin May, and I hope it is going to look like this every day! Originally, my Christmas Post exclaimed that we were going to Boston and New York, but let's just say EXPENSIVE!!! We would love to do both, but time and money got in the way, and I think Boston is more our speed. So that's where we are going! I also have family in Boston who are going to hook us up while we are there, so it's perfect. Some of the things we are going to do include The Freedom Trail, a game at Fenway Park, snooping around Harvard, eating at a pub named "McGreeveys," and taking a day trip to Cape Cod. Michael even mentioned that he wanted to take me whale watching, which is something I wanted to do in Australia but we never did.
I think I am most excited about going here!

If any of you have visited Boston, please comment and tell me where to go, what to see, and especially where to eat!


Funny story...yesterday morning I woke up at my mom's house to the lovely headline about the Southwest Airlines flights being cancelled after a horrible weekend for the airline. You can read the story here, if you haven't heard it. Well, guess what airline we are flying? Southwest baby! It's kind of crazy because a year ago, I would have gone into panic mode when I heard this story, but I was pretty calm about it. Besides, I told myself that by the time we fly, all of the planes will be in tip top shape. Right? (Taylor, you know I want you to comment about this!) I guess it may be a blessing that they found the problems before we leave. I am very proud of myself, and I feel like I have come so far with my fear of flying. Still, any prayers about that flight are greatly appreciated!


Don't forget! If you've been to Boston, let me know where to go!

2 comments:

  1. i worked for sw airlines and i have problems with them. but, none of those problems have anything to do with flying. southwest flies only one kind of plane 737s that way their mechanics only work on one plane that they are very familiar with. southwest has the best saftey record of any other airline. they have had one death (a guy had a heart attack). this last incident is one of a few and will only make them safer and better. you will enjoy your trip! and i think by the flight back, you may even enjoy flying. i know, i'm a dreamer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! You have nothing to worry about! Maybe understanding the problem will help calm you? There are different models of 737s- the 737-300 is the one with the "skylight" :) They have all been taken out of rotation and inspected. It’s my understanding that they are used for short trips which in turn cause more stress on the aircraft (lots of landings and lots of "blowing the aircraft up" through pressurization.) Southwest, compared to other airlines, actually has one of the newer fleets of aircraft and a great safety record! As your friend just said, this will only make airlines as a whole safer! Plus, no one was hurt- but do where your seatbelt through the duration of the flight! ;) Remember you are at a much greater risk driving to the airport than you are in an airplane! 1 in 5,000 to 1 in 11,000,000. Relax and have a good time! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete