Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Tuesday Post 3 - It's Never Too Late...

To Smile I've been smiling a lot more here lately. It may be because I overcame a huge fear recently by flying and now I dream of jetsetting across the world or it could be the endless supply of sunshine and warm weather we've had in Knoxville that makes me so happy. Whatever it is, I hope it stays! I think I might be smiling more thanks to my mom. When I was having a hard time with feeling sad and anxious, she told me something I will never forget. She has struggled with anxiety and depression during certain times in her life, but you would never know. We are very close, and I didn't even know until a couple of years ago that she used to have panic attacks. She is smiling and happy in every memory I have of her. So one day recently, I asked her how in the world she did it. How could she be suffering inside but seemed so happy on the outside? She replied, "It's simple. If you just smile and act happy, eventually you will become happier. It's almost contagious. Your smile and happiness makes other people smile back at you and react to you positively, and you end up smiling more and eventually your sadness goes away. Smile more, act happy, and you will be happy." Happiness because of a smile? She is right. I'm proof. It's Never Too Late to Smile... So few muscles needed. So little effort. So many benefits. Smiling brightens our faces and lights up a room. It can disarm Charm.

1 comment:

  1. Every day when I wake up you are the first person I think of which always puts a smile on my face that lasts all day. I want you to wake up with a smile every day also, think about the wonderful husband you have and his quirky ways, that surly will put a smile on your face. Think about the beautiful lovable Scarlett Belle that shows you all the love a dog could. If that doesn't work than you always have me, just call and I will be happy to put a smile on your face and make your day great, because I know every time I talk to you good or bad I have a great day just hearing your voice. Love you More Than Anything!

    ReplyDelete