Saturday, April 10, 2010

It's Never Too Late...

To Run a Marathon

"We're all athletes. Some are just better and faster than others." Anonymous

Ummm...no we're not! Who wrote this crap anyway? That's right, someone Anonymous.

I will forever be envious of you perfectly sculpted athletes with your armored tummies and cantaloupe calves who go for a simple 7 mile run every morning to get your day started. To that I say, "Coffee please!" And don't get me started on you freaks of nature who can run the 26.2 miles of hell. I am jealous of you all! Why?

a. because I will never have your discipline and endurance
b. because I will never have your ass and legs
c. because I will never be able to eat whatever I want and go run it off later

Back in the day, I was a cheerleader and dancer, which does require some athleticism. (I know what you haters are thinking...cheerleading ain't no sport!) But running, pleeeaaaase! I hate it, just hate it!

Sometimes when we walk, Michael challenges me to run to the next light pole. I can't make it without thinking of reasons to stop. Oh wait...my shoe is untied, I've got a wedgie, the asphalt hurts my feet. And how far are those poles apart, like 1/50th of a mile!

So what will I take from this lesson because I don't see any marathons in my future? I promise I will do my best to harness the athlete within me though I may die before it happens. But for now I can simply be happy that I won't have to undergo double knee replacement from all that running!

1 comment:

  1. Oh good lord do I hate running. However, last fall I tried the Couch to 5K program and totally stopped after like 3 weeks, so I'm going to try it again. We'll see how it goes. I abhor running, I really do.

    ReplyDelete