Thursday, April 15, 2010

It's Never Too Late...

To Cuddle Someone

Michael, I will warn you now. You will be rolling your eyes before you get finished reading this!

Michael used to be cuddled every day. I used to be cuddled every day. Now Scarlett gets cuddled a thousand times a day!

Every morning I wake up and she is the first thing I grab onto and cuddle. When I go to bed she is the last thing I cuddle. Yes, I am a proud dog spooner! Michael constantly teases me that ever since she came along, I love him about 30% and Scarlett 70%. We better not ever have children because he will be lucky enough to claim 5%!

He talks a big game like I'm the only one obsessed with our little cuddle baby, but who does he turn to first thing in the morning? Not me! The first words out of his mouth are "Good Morning Sweet Pea," and that's not my nickname!

At least we both can agree 100% that we love our dog more than anything, and cuddling her brings a lot of joy and love in our lives. I can remember when we first brought her home, I wanted to send her back for about two months. I had never been responsible for anything in my life, and I casually overlooked the fact that owning a dog meant putting up with frequent potty breaks, potty accidents, whining, chewing, and constant attention! I am so glad I waited it out because I don't know what I would do without her! She is the second love of my life but the #1 cuddler in my life! If any of you have fur babies of your own, you know exactly what I am talking about.

Michael, I promise I will make a conscious effort from now on to cuddle you more in the mornings!

A family cuddle (sort of) I'm still the main cuddler!

Life without touch is hollow.
Cuddles transmit love.
They give warmth. And hope. And trust.
The feelings flow back and forth.
A cuddle can make someone's (Scarlett's) day.
It can even save a life.
Cuddle generously.
And often.

No comments:

Post a Comment