Monday, April 19, 2010

It's Never Too Late...

To Have Fun I don't have enough fun. I can't tell you why really, but for someone who isn't tied down with children or with lots of obligations outside of work, I really don't have enough fun! What I do have a lot of is EXCUSES! But I'm working on it I promise! I really am trying to relax and have more fun with Michael while we have all the time in the world. I want to live a life with no regrets, and I am lucky to have a husband who wants to go along with me on the adventure! This weekend I had a lot of fun! Michael and I and a group of friends he met at UT enjoyed a fun and relaxing (well...for the most part) weekend on Norris Lake. We are very lucky that our friend Andrea's parents allowed us to stay at their lake house and use their boat. The weather was perfect, and the lake was gorgeous. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the most easy going gal when it comes to traveling with a big group. Those of you who know me most are thinking NO, really? You...uptight? Ha! I know! But I will say that this was one of the most fun times I have had with a group of friends. Everyone chipped in and brought fabulous food, and we had such a great time lying out on the dock getting sunburned, cruising around in the boat, drinking by the fire, and watching the boys jump off cliffs into the freezing water. Of course it wouldn't be a vacation with this group without a good story to tell! Max dislocated his shoulder early Saturday morning on his first wakeboarding run. He, Michael, and Andrea spent 4 hours in the La Follette hospital. Michael couldn't go in the room with Max and Andrea, so he spent the afternoon reading waiting room magazines and watching infomercials while the rest of us soaked up the sun. I felt so bad for them, but I think they had their own adventures. Too bad Michael decided to shave off that monstrosity on his chin, or he really would have gotten some looks in the emergency room. Michael with a Fu Manchu and Max in his wet suit! I'm so glad Michael and I decided to go to the lake this weekend. I got to know everyone a lot more, and I am glad we all got to spend a weekend together before everyone gets jobs and moves all over the U.S. This weekend made me realize, I need to have more fun!

Cruising in the boat! Check out Max's sweet arm brace!


Michael jumping off the cliffs!

2 comments:

  1. There's nothing better than spending the day on the boat! Unless someone dislocates their shoulder...yikes!

    I often get uptight when doing things with large groups too. I am too much of a planner and I feel like I need to make sure everyone knows what to bring, where to meet, who's in charge of what...etc. I always feel things will go more smoothly if it's all planned out, but it's often more fun just to be spontanious. So I'm working on having more fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I am trying to learn that sometimes it's nicer to be an indian and not the chief!

    ReplyDelete