Monday, March 14, 2011

A Perfect Weekend

After a week of rain in Birmingham, we were blessed with the most beautiful weather this weekend. We spent the entire time outside, and we had so much fun! Saturday morning we got up and started working on the outside of the house. Michael and Eric fixed the screen porch in the back, and they took down all the screens and Michael washed all the windows. I was so scared watching him clean the top windows. I'm a little afraid of heights I guess because my stomach had butterflies the entire time he was on that ladder! While Michael cleaned the windows, I raked the leaves in the front yard...and sadly, I was so sore from raking the next day!

All the screens are gone, and the windows look so much better now. They are clean and shiny and ready to sell the house! Saturday night, we had our friends over for dinner. We grilled out and ate delicious hamburgers and tons of other yummy food! After dinner, we challenged each other to a game of Scattergories. It was so great to all get together! I love it now that the weather is warmer because everyone wants to hang out more often.

All the girls and Baby Elijah who is going to be here in less than a month! Nicole and me with our fur babies Zeus and Scarlett
The love of my life :)


On Sunday, Michael, Scarlett, and I went hiking in the boulder fields. It was a gorgeous day, and it's best to get all of the hiking in before it gets to hot around here. Exercising in Birmingham can get pretty miserable pretty quickly in the summer.



There were several waterfalls and pools for Scarlett to play in while we hiked, and she loved it. I wish she would swim more because she loves the water, but every time she gets in she will only go as far as she can touch. If she gets too deep, she freaks out!


The wet girl after a little plunge!
She got so muddy, but it was worth it!
Scarlett and her daddy!



Some people hate losing an hour, but I personally love spring daylight savings. It may be one of my favorite days of the year because it means more daylight to hang out in once I get home from work. I love spring and summer, and the longer days seem to melt my anxiety away! This was a perfect weekend, and nothing could have made it any better!

No comments:

Post a Comment