Monday, March 7, 2011

Some Things Never Change

Just as all weekends go, this weekend was not long enough. I feel like I blink my eyes and it's Monday again! Some things never change I guess, and I feel like a few things that occurred this weekend made me realize just that!

Michael and I would like to think of ourselves as free and spontaneous, not tied down by anything that would hold us back from late date nights and spur of the moment plans. But really, life for us isn't much like that; in fact, how we spend our time away from work hasn't changed much over the years. We are pretty good at being homebodies and more than anywhere else, home is where you will find us. Friday night, we spent the evening at home cleaning and doing laundry, and I am pretty sure we were in bed before 10 pm! I think it was 9:30 pm on Saturday. Spontaneous huh?!

Saturday morning, we helped out at the Dream Center before Michael dropped me off at the salon to get some highlights. Again...some things never change! I am officially on my way to bringing blonde back into my life. I liked my darker hair, but I honestly don't know why I ever change it because I always go back blonde. It will be a gradual process to get back to the color I want, but as you can see, I'm getting there!

This is me and Scarlett in November after going auburn/brown
This is me and Scarlett on Saturday after my appointment. This is a pretty bad picture of me, but you can see there is a little more blonde. I think it's going to take a few more times to get it where I want it.
P.S. Every time I look at this picture of me, I see my mom!

Another thing that unfortunately never changes is the unpredictable weather in the South. It was so dreary on Saturday, and I thought the rain would never stop! Yesterday, it felt like winter again, and it was very, very cold and gray. After weeks of gorgeous weather, it was depressing to feel like we were still dealing with winter.

Well, that was our weekend, pretty much the same as most weekends are for us! I hope you had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment