Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Six Days of Randomness

This past Friday, my cousin Sydney and four of her friends from UCA stayed with us before heading down to Panama City for their first spring break trip. They got in late on Friday and packed up early Saturday, so I didn't get to spend much time with them. They were sweet girls though, and I am glad we could let them stay with us. Having them around made me think about my first and only experience with Panama City Beach my freshman year circa 2002!
Here is the group on Saturday morning before they left! Syd is the cutie on the far right.

I desperately searched high and low for a picture of me and my four sorority sisters who went to Panama City Beach nine years ago. So much has changed since then, most importantly, the fact that we didn't have digital cameras! We were rocking the wind up disposable cameras in my day! I went through all of my albums to take a digital picture of my film pictures of spring break, but I came up empty! I just think it would have been funny to compare the two. We dressed so differently, we definitely didn't text, tweet, or facebook, and we didn't use a gps system to get us from Arkansas to the beach.

After the girls left on Saturday, I went shopping while Michael went to work. On Saturday night, we dropped off Scarlett with our friends Nicole and Chris before heading to Auburn to watch the girls NCAA tournament game between Samford and Florida State University on Sunday. It was nice to stay the night away, and it felt like a mini-vacation! I think Auburn is such a cute town! The campus is so beautiful, and the town just feels so homey. I wish we could have stayed more than a night, but unfortunately Florida State beat Samford and we headed back to Birmingham on Sunday.

While in Auburn, Michael and I ate lunch at the original Momma Goldberg's just a block from campus. They have the best sandwiches, and the weather was perfect for sitting outside for a nice lunch.
We drove through the campus after lunch because I wanted to see the trees at Toomer's Corner. It is awful that someone would poison these magnificent trees, and I hope they are going to be saved. You can see that they are still alive, but the ground around them is blocked so you can't get close. I hope there is some way to save them. Rolling Toomer's Corner is one of the best traditions in college football, and I know that so many Auburn fans hope their children and grandchildren will partake in the same tradition twenty years from now.

As always, it was hard to go to work on Monday. I love my job, but I like weekends much better. When I got to work Monday, there was a huge cake to celebrate our company's 15th Anniversary in the breakroom from Edgar's Bakery. Oh my gosh this cake smelled heavenly and sinful at the same time, but I couldn't eat a bite because of Lent. A little wouldn't hurt, right? Just a lick of icing?! Don't worry, I was a good girl! It hasn't been that difficult to refrain from sweets (Michael would disagree), until this week, and I'm suffering a little bit! Today the cake was still there, and I can only hope they eat it all tomorrow and get that thing out of the office!

So last night, Michael brought home the first season of Mad Men. I've always wanted to watch the show, and I know I'm about 4 years late, but we started with episodes 1 & 2 last night. I loved the show, and now I know what everyone has been talking about for so long. I've heard it gets better, so I think I might just have to go on a Mad Men watching spree very soon! It is hard to get past the "man's world" mentality at first, and I am so glad I don't live in the 1960's! But I really do like the show.

Today, I woke up on the wrong side of the bed to say the least. I haven't slept well in two days, and I woke up several times last night-once to Michael sleepwalking and turning on the bedroom light because he swore he saw something! I yelled at him to come back to bed and after a session of mumbling, he finally turned off the light and went back to sleep. I could have killed him! I don't function well with no sleep, and my coffee didn't help this morning. I was already late to work and hustling to get there, and the most annoying thing happened on my drive in. This girl was behind me, and she was driving way too close to me. I could feel my blood pressure rising because she would not back off, and then she started putting on makeup while she was driving less than 20 feet away from me! I was ticked! I am pretty sure that if its against the law to text and drive it should be against the law to put on mascara while driving!

I promise I felt better later on today and finally snapped out of my crabbiness! We made a really delicious dinner tonight, and now I'm just hoping for a good night's sleep! Thanks for letting me be a little random tonight!

3 comments:

  1. Holy cow! When did Sydney grow up?! She's beautiful as always tho! I feel you about the trees, my grandpa went to Auburn and asked my Gma to marry him under those trees! Hope you get some rest and can't wait to see you! Tell Mikey hello!

    ReplyDelete
  2. our pleasure..you can write about nothing all you want.

    ReplyDelete