Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Elijah Paul Wagner

I can count on one hand the number of times I have spent with little babies, and I have had the opportunity to spend time with two sweet little boys this week! My toddler time was great, but I held a newborn baby for the first time in my life yesterday. It was pretty surreal! Elijah Paul Wagner is the beautiful and perfect son of our friends Eric and Jamie Wagner. He was born yesterday morning at 7:24 a.m., and from what I know of his birth story, his arrival was not like any I've heard before. I think Jamie might be a freak of nature because she laughed the whole time she pushed (and her epidural didn't work on one side), and she said the whole event was much easier than she thought! From the pictures I saw from minutes after Eli was born, she looked like she had done nothing more than take a walk around the block! Michael got to meet Elijah this afternoon, and I got to hold him again today. He is so sweet and tiny!
How does a baby look on us? I think Michael was scared he would break him at first!


I wish we would have taken a picture with him together, but Michael said it was best we didn't send the wrong message! Ha!


I love his nose!

Right before we left, Jamie unwrapped him to get him ready to nurse. He was so much smaller once he was unswaddled (is that a word?). He kept making the funniest noises because he was mad that his mommy was trying to wake him up.
I am so happy for Jamie and Eric! They have so many family and friends who already love Eli so much. He is going to be one spoiled little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment