Saturday, March 26, 2011

What a Difference a Year Makes!

One year ago, I overcame two long years of panic attacks and anxiety to take that flight to Houston, TX. The occasion was seeing McGreevey Field dedicated to Michael's dad Kevin who had passed away months earlier. That flight was exhilarating and overwelming, and it ended a chapter of fear that had held me back for way too long! We will be flying again in May, and I am not nearly as nervous as I was last year. I am so thankful for the support I was given that helped me take that flight, and I am happy to say that a year later I am steadily kicking my anxiety's big fat butt! Just yesterday, my mom told me that I was much stronger than I give myself credit for. I think she may be right!

2 comments:

  1. she is right...you prove that to yourself all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know...maybe I should listen to her more and maybe she should give herself more credit too! :)

    ReplyDelete