Saturday, March 20, 2010

It's Never Too Late...

To Start Again

Look at nature.
Nothing stays the same.
Why should you?
Use change wisely.
Like a sporting champion, change a losing game.
Keep the things that matter.
Lose the things that don't.
Set some goals.
Start afresh.


What a perfect lesson on the first day of spring! As I drove to work today, I spotted quite a few bright yellow daffodils beginning to bloom, and it made me so happy! I love spring! Everything becomes alive again and the world awakens. We go outside more, we socialize and host parties, we take vacations, we go to farmer's markets and eat organic foods, and we get our share of much-needed vitamin D, all of which make us feel so much better.

Spring makes me look back at the goals I set at the beginning of the year, which usually involve shedding a few pounds and getting in shape. Something about sunshine and bare legs make me go into panic mode and kick the pilates workouts into high gear! But I had a few more goals this year that involved a little word I've grown all too familiar with lately-Acceptance.

There are a few things I'm doing to start afresh and work toward acceptance. I am finally getting on that plane, I am learning to let go of bad memories and baggage because the past made me who I am, I am writing again, and I am really working on quiet time.

What are you doing to start again?

No comments:

Post a Comment