Monday, March 1, 2010

A Great (and Gluttonous) Weekend!


Despite another gray and cold weekend, Michael and I spent a great couple of days together celebrating a few of Knoxville's bests, including one of the yummiest meals I've had in a long time!




We headed to Thompson-Boling Arena Saturday morning to watch UT vs. #2 Kentucky. What an awesome game! I consider myself more of a football fan, but I have never experienced such an electric atmosphere as I did on Saturday when the Vols beat the Wildcats. That game was the most fun I have had at any UT game I've gone too so far! There really is nothing like UT sports, and if we ever move away from Knoxville, I am really going to miss them. I shouldn't worry though because Michael has already been scouting out RV's for making roadtrips back to Knoxville every football season. Yes...an RV and generator are the top things on Michael's all time wish list!


After the game, Michael and I and our friends Marcus and Adam headed to Litton's Market and Restaurant for a late lunch. Trust me, it was worth the hour wait (which is relatively short for Litton's) to eat here. Litton's is probably Knoxville's most well-known restaurant. It's been around since 1946, and it's known for having the best burgers and desserts. Many of you may have seen it featured on ESPN's game day show Todd's Taste of the Town. Everything from the buns to the french fries and their famous cakes and pies are made fresh daily. All of us ordered their famous hamburgers with a side of fries, except for Michael who ordered the best onion rings I have ever eaten! We all ordered dessert to go. Their Italian Cream Cake was to die for!
On Sunday, Michael and I took a drive along the lake in West Knoxville and ended at Fort Loudon Dam. When we got home, we took Scarlett to Cherokee Park for a long walk. Of course we were hungry when we got home, so Michael made a big pot of sausage and shrimp gumbo, and I finished off my cake from Litton's. Tonight, a group of us are going to try out Big Ed's Pizza. Pizza could possibly be in the running for mine and Michael's favorite meal, and everyone has been telling us to try Big Ed's. From what I've been told, it's a classic pizza joint where you eat off styrofoam plates and use plastic forks. Oh yeah...they don't take anything but cash. Sounds like our kind of place! I'll let you know how it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment