Wednesday, March 24, 2010

It's Never Too Late...

To Play Golf How ironic is it that for the last two years, I have been working at a private country club that prides itself on being the best golf course in east Tennessee? I knew absolutely nothing about golf before I began working here. In fact, just a few months ago, I learned that they change the holes on the course every day. I never would have thought! I write about golf and promote golf, so I know enough about it to be dangerous. I watched my first PGA tournament here last year, which was pretty cool, but it is the only golf event I have watched. That's about the extent of my golfing experience. If I was a fly on the wall in the Pro Shop downstairs, I would have no clue what most of our members were talking about when it comes to the game, except for Tiger and Elin of course. By the time I attempt to complete these 172 acts, I can guarantee you I will not pick up a golf club. So I am going to have to pass on this one. I see enough of golf every day to know that it is a special game in a league of it's own. I also know I have neither the patience, time, or money to even think about taking up this sport. But I will say, if any of you possess any of these virtues, you should consider golf as your next hobby! It's Never Too Late to Play Golf... It's a challenge of the mind and body. It's like life...it's not fair... and you never completely master it. ('cuz the holes are moved) But that's the lure... each round is a new adventure, a tantalizing test of your skill and patience. But don't expect too much too soon. Very few golfers are naturals. Take lessons or you'll just practice your mistakes. ($$$) One good shot will bring you back for the next try. Once you're hooked, you can play for the rest of your life. Doesn't Mr. Lindsay make golf sound so enticing?

No comments:

Post a Comment