Thursday, March 25, 2010

It's Never Too Late...

To Make a Friend

My mom always told me that my friendships would change as I got older, got married, and moved on with life. She was right. It's so sad that friends lose touch, but life gets the best of us sometimes and there's just not enough time in the day to chill with your girlfriends. Moving overseas for a year and then away to Knoxville made me realize how much I took my friends for granted when we lived in Arkansas. I hope you girls know how much I love you!

I have been so lucky to make new friends in different places. One of my best friends Julia lives in Melbourne, Australia. She is such a cool chick with a free spirit who loves fashion, so we have lots in common and our personalities balance perfectly. My other dear friend Elizabeth lives here in Knoxville. We both love dance, our dogs, and eating out. She and I can do nothing but sit on the couch with a glass of wine and still have fun together. Plus, she's always a great friend to turn to when I need advice.

The newest friends I have made are friends from the blogosphere. I never realized when I began writing, I would meet people with whom I have so much in common from all over the country. The neatest person I have "met" is a girl named Alice. I don't know her last name, what she looks like, or where she lives, but we both read and comment on each other's blogs and share similar stories of dealing with anxiety, panic, and life. She is a good blogger friend to have.

It's Never Too Late to Make a Friend...

Your mother was right...
if you can count your true friends on one hand,
you're a lucky person.
Some of our best memories come from our friends.
The real joy of friendship is when you give.
To make a friend, give them your friendship.
They will reciprocate.
Treasure your friends.

Below are four pictures of my dear friends starting with Holly who is a best friend from years ago, my bridesmaids from college and high school, Julia from Australia, and Elizabeth from Knoxville.

3 comments:

  1. I feel so lucky to have you for a friend too! I know how hard it can be to build close friendships in a new place, and I am so happy to have found you. You have been an amazing friend to me as well. We need to have another chill on the couch with a glass of wine night soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes we do. Maybe we can get Michael to babysit the dogs, and we can have kid free night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Mom is so right. When I realized how friendships changed, it really saddened me. BUT new friends entering into my life even through this crazy blogosphere are such a blessing.

    I find it very interesting that my blog friends who I have never met probably have a better grasp on who I really am than some of my non-blog friends.

    Thank you for including me in this post. It just made my day. Funny thing is we met through the blogosphere and are practically neighbors. I live in a suburb of Nashville!!!

    Thanks again Bloggie Friend!!! BIG SMILES!!!

    "A best friend is like a four leaf clover: hard to find and lucky to have." ~Author Unknown

    ReplyDelete