Thursday, March 25, 2010

Scared? Who's Scared? This girl maybe...

Tomorrow is the big day! I’m finally taking that flight. I’m very nervous, almost panicky, but I’m living through it. I am so scared about having a panic attack on the plane, but I just keep telling myself that I have to do this for me, panic or no panic. I hope this will become easier once I fly tomorrow. It’s all so hard to swallow because I’ve traveled in the past without a worry, and now I can’t even take a 2 hour flight without freaking out. Gotta love panic attacks! Though I’m terrified of the panic, in the end, I am very eager to take this step and prove to myself I can do this. Besides, I don’t want the rest of my vacations to be confined to the continental U.S.! I don’t know if I will have access to a computer until Monday, so I probably won’t be blogging. Just look for an extra long post in a few days. I will miss you all, and thanks for reading and supporting me!

1 comment:

  1. Brandi, I've been thinking about you all week. I know the build-up of panic all too well.

    I know you can do this. You are a strong woman, and fear is not going to run your life. (Easier said than done...I know.)

    Just think of this as you are going to therapy tomorrow. Exposure Therapy. And this therapy will rid you of this horrible panic feeling.

    This is going to sound really lame, but it actually helps me...before you go on the plane take 3 deep breaths with your eyes closed and your mind clear (inhale slowly through your nose and count to 5, exhale slowly through your mouth and count to 5). If you start getting the sweaty palms or first signs, try this breathing technique.

    Use your distractions like the Twilight book, music, etc. If the irrational thoughts start, replace them with peaceful memories. Try to turn the negative into a positive. Use all of that increased adrenaline and energy into writing. Start writing ideas for blog posts. You have to outsmart Mr. Panic Attack!

    Visualize your goal. Visualize how you will feel stepping off that plane and conquering Mr. Panic Attack. Do it for yourself!

    Just think when you become a famous blogger one day and are flying all over the world, this one little flight will seem like nothing. But it will be a major turning point for you.

    I will be praying for you. I know you can do this. Be strong!

    ReplyDelete