Wednesday, March 31, 2010

It's Never Too Late...

To Laugh at Yourself How often have you heard, “Laughter is the best medicine?” Sure it is, as long as you aren’t the butt of the joke and everyone isn’t laughing at you! I’ve embarrassed myself one too many times in the past 27 years, and I can promise you I have cried in humiliation a lot more times than I have laughed at myself. And if I laughed at myself, it happened months later. Luckily, the older I get the more I am able to laugh at the quirky things I do. There’s no changing my “weirdo-ness” as Michael calls it, so why not laugh about it. If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em! Here are a few embarrassing moments I've learned to laugh about: I farted in front of Michael while doing pilates very early in our relationship. I fell down a flight of stairs at a college football game. I was the only fully-clothed soul out of 200 passengers on a catamaran who got drenched by a huge wave in the Great Barrier Reef. It was so bad, the captain made an announcement apologizing to the unfortunate girl who got clobbered by a wave everyone else saw coming. I’ve peed in my pants in public a few times after laughing hysterically, and to keep myself from peeing I’ve stopped and sat on the floor in the middle of a public place. It’s so much fun explaining to everyone that you spilled water in between your legs! On spring break in Panama City Beach, I announced to the whole world that I was from Arkansas, “The Show Me State!” I promise I wasn’t drunk, and my girlfriends still give me hell about this. I winged a speech in front of 300 Rotarians because I couldn’t get my PowerPoint to work. I was mortified at the time. I took a hip-hop class once. Thought I was cool until I looked in the mirror. White girl can’t krump! It’s Never Too Late to Laugh at Yourself Life is too short to take it too seriously. It’s easy to laugh at others – much harder to laugh at ourselves. But it’s more rewarding. It lightens our lives. It brightens others’ lives. It builds self-confidence and self-worth. It endears us to others. Laugh alot Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment