Sunday, March 21, 2010

It's Never Too Late...

To Lose Weight

This seems all too real after just finishing a pizza dinner and lounging on the couch watching New Moon (those movies are terrible by the way)! Did I mention I'm about to eat some lemon cake for dessert?

There's not much to add to this advice. I think all of us at one time or another have felt the need to shed a few pounds. I'd be lying if I said I was completely happy with my weight. But I don't think I freak out about the number on the scale as much as I used to.

I'm sure the warmer weather and the return of shorts to my wardrobe has something to do with it, but I have been talking about needing to shed a few pounds from a few particular body parts a lot lately. Michael keeps reminding me that I need to step up my routine and do more than walk every day. But I don't wanna!!!

But I know I gotta, so here's my step towards losing weight: For the next 6 weeks, I will add to my cardio by working out my arms with weights, doing 3 sets of squats, and ab exercises 3 days a week.

I'll let you know how it goes!

It's Never too Late to lose Weight...

Decide to act.
Set personal small, medium and large targets.
Give yourself time, don't rush.
The key is patience.
Look at the positive results, however gradual.
Praise yourself when you succeed.
Forgive yourself when you slip,
look at the big picture.
Persevere.

No comments:

Post a Comment