Friday, March 5, 2010

It's Time to Quit!

I keep saying this to myself and to Michael over and over and over, but I really do need to quit. "QUIT WHAT?" you ask. Coffee! It's time to quit drinking coffee before there's no turning back. For those of you who are like myself and prefer coffee over tea, you are all too familiar with the coffee buzz that keeps us coming back for more. It begins with the first sip of goodness that warms the soul and satisfies your addiction. I feed my addiction with a splash of splenda and french vanilla creamer. I used to drink coffee 7 days a week, now I alternate between green tea and coffee, trying to wean myself off. I don't drink cokes, I barely eat dessert, I don't smoke, I hardly ever drink alcohol, and I stay away from fried food, so why can't I have just one vice? This is how I justify having a cup or two of joe every once in a while. Well...it's more like every Saturday, Sunday, and Monday with another weekday thrown in every once in a while, like today. It's Friday, and I wanted a little treat! The reason for wanting to quit is because caffeine likes to screw with my anxiety. Face the truth or not, caffeine is a drug, and for those of us who suffer from anxiety and panic, it can be a nightmare. Why would I drink something that causes panic in my already overly-anxious, mega-stimulated brain? It's simple...I'm addicted! But I'm going to have to call it quits! I really mean it this time. Today's episode was enough. Bye Bye Starbucks, I'll miss you, but I can't deal with the shaking, nausea, and out of body experiences anymore (yes, this is caffeine I'm talking about, not acid). It's not worth the cup of warm-my-soul pleasure anymore. Hot Tea here I come! This sucks! Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I am not addicted to caffeine. I can quit drinking coffee anytime I want. Coffee does not trigger my anxiety, my anxiety triggers itself. i am not in denial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Clayell! It's nice to know someone is reading. Can you shed light on your last comment about not being in denial? To me it seems like you may think I am in denial, which couldn't be further from the truth. Unfortunately, I am all too well aware of my anxiety. But I could be totally misreading your statement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. no! no! i am the one in denial! you mother told me to read your blog today thinking it would help ME. i was making a bad attempt at saying, i thought you were on to something. i think that coffee may be affecting me in the same way. sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha Ha! I emailed her and said "Mom read what some mean person wrote on my blog!" Text doesn't always lend itself to expressing what we want to say the way we want to say it! I appreciate you reading and being one of the only ones who comment!

    ReplyDelete